Sunday, October 10, 2010

Yoga Yoga Yoga

I'm getting to the point where I've almost tried half of the teachers at Yoga House. I still have my favorites though, Tracy and Cybelle.

Tracy's class is Tuesday's at 5:45 and I can only describe her as the world's cheeriest cardio-cheerleader bunny on crack! I always feel wide awake after her class (for better or for worse) and my abs hurt for at least 48 hours afterwards. Her class can get pretty crowded, but everyone's friendly and we all suffer through the torture together. Tracy herself is a lot of fun, she's quick to laugh and make jokes and the woman has nonstop energy.

Cybelle's class is Thursdays at 7:15 and if I miss a week, I get really sad. I love her focus on alignment and doing all the poses correctly. I know I can't slack off at all in her class, cause she's got eagle eyes - she's never pushy about correcting you, but she'll help you into doing the pose right, even if that means a burning in your thigh for a good 90 seconds. I also like her approach to the class, she's very calm and has a story at the beginning of each class. Her demos of the poses are also spectacular - I don't think I've ever met someone in more complete control over their body, every single muscle - she can show you exactly what each of your shoulder blades should be doing during any given pose. Plus she likes to learn everyone's name, which is cute.

Another teacher I'm a fan of is John, he teaches Monday mornings and Wednesday nights. His Monday AM class is a little slow for my taste, he subbed for Susan once on a Sunday and that class was a lot better. The reason the Monday class is slow I suspect is the population that goes to Yoga at 9am on a Monday (re: retired, older folk), rather than his own style cause at his Sunday class we were moving at a much more reasonable speed.

I've also dabbled in classes with Susan, Sabina, Hanna, Matt and Shoshana - so far, all great, though I prefer the Level 1-2 over the Level 1 classes. Anyways, just my two cents on Yoga in Pasadena so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment